Friday, July 20, 2007

Deez Boyz Red Cup Predictions

First off I would like to start off by saying that this is a farce that each team gets to play six games to build their Hall of Fame Points for a tournament with only seven teams in it. Or maybe, I'm just still pissed about adding only 3 points to my status in two tournaments when I was back. Either way I am going to build my very own table very soon and try and get these country folks to learn some other type of drinking games besides quarters and drinking every time the race car does a lap.

For some reason "The Red Cup" tourney doesn't have the fire I was looking forward to writing about. Maybe, again I am jealous that I won't be a part of it. Or maybe if the Farone brothers had a sac there would be more to write about. Especially when I thought that Chad and KO were one of favorites in the July 4th tourney. Chad step up your game!!!

Here's the picks with the top three advancing:

Sorry Bri and Pete, 6 games of drinking for Bri is not a good thing....out!

Cat and Heck, the highest weighed tandem in the history of Midland Beerdie won't cut it, plus Heck will want to drink the beer instead of trying to put the die in the damn cup!

You better hope that shots of Jameson aren't on the table for this duo. Pitbull and Nick might surprise some teams but I can't see them finishing in the top 3. Don't hurt me Marc but...."YOUR OUTTA HERE!!!!"

Three gone one more left and I am tossed between teams Hogan Bros. and Flocks of Geese. As much as I would like to see Mif and Gibby go all the way to the finals I find it hard to believe that Joe Joe will be denied a second chance at first championship. But, he does have a streaky player in Ronbo playing with him and if he plays like he did on the 4th they'll be all done. Also, the Hogan Brothers will probably spend much of the time debating on shots and who is suppose to catch the die in certain spots, as well as talking about their dislike for Shorty. Its a toss up but I am going with Maloney's all-time leading scorer and his sidekick Ronny to nice.

So that means I got the big three of Team Meat, Flocks of Geese and to my displeasure I am putting the tandem of KO and the little guy as the team waiting in the finals finishing in first place after the round robin. I hate to do it to ya Keith because I've picked you before, but I think that Chris is going to have his game face in full effect this weekend,(we all know what that face looks like too) and this could be his closest chance at a title with the small field playing. My condolences to team Meat I have yet to see Wrenn play yet and maybe this is a blessing in disguise KRG. If I don't pick you that is added motivation. So what I am going to do is stay with my guts and have KO and Shorty winning the Heavy's Red Cup Open over the likes of some geese.

Good luck to all the contestants and have a safe and well run tourney. Also, just so that y'll know "By the Beach Beerdie" is coming soon to the city of Palm Coast.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's What She Said was a bad choice Deez

deez said...

WOW!!! i am so honored to be posted on this site. thanks guys! oh, sorry snack...prove me wrong again!

KO said...

Fonz,
You always have a lot of faith in me and my teammate. I'll try not to let you down. I understand where you are coming from with the participants of this tournament getting to play so many games, but it isn't too different from playing whatever Major tournament I'm hosting and then playing a satellite tournament immediately after. This time it's just one tournament with a lot of games instead of two. I love the predictions. You've out done yourself again.